Saturday 17 October 2009

2009 Tour of Britain, Stage 8, London

I had a great day out at the final stage of the 2009 Tour of Britain. I was fortunate enough to secure a press bib for this one, thanks to John Mx at LondonCycleSport.com which meant I had access to anywhere on the circuit. I took myself off to a quiet spot just behind Northumberland Avenue and set up the remote flash - this one of Tom Southam (Rapha) was the pick of the bunch.
I bumped into the Simon Warren and we set ourselves up on traffic island underneath Hungerford Bridge. We managed to avoid getting run over and got some great shots of the riders coming out onto the Embankment. I really like this one of Ed Clancy (Halfords).

I very nearly didn't make it back for the finish (I had to run, which didn't do my back much good) and was too late to take my place out on the circuit for the classic head on shot. However, I think this one captures the excitement and danger of the extremely close finish.

The rest of the shots are on Flickr.

No comments: